Professional rock climber sentenced for sexual assaults in Yosemite National Park

profile photo
By Yosi Yahoudai
Founder and Managing Partner

During the trial, three other women also said Barrett sexually assaulted them, but he was not charged for those assaults.

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. (KFSN) — A professional rock climber convicted for several sexual assaults at Yosemite National Park will now face the rest of his life in prison.

39-year-old Charles Barrett received his sentence on Tuesday after being found guilty of aggravated sexual abuse and abusive sexual contact earlier this year.

Documents show that he assaulted a woman three times while he was working and living in Yosemite.

During the trial, three other women also said Barrett sexually assaulted them, but he was not charged for those assaults.

Attorneys say he used his status as a professional climber to lure and intimidate victims.

Copyright © 2024 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.

author photo
About the Author
Yosi Yahoudai is a founder and the managing partner of J&Y. His practice is comprised primarily of cases involving automobile and motorcycle accidents, but he also represents people in premises liability lawsuits, including suits alleging dangerous conditions of public property, third-party criminal conduct, and intentional torts. He also has expertise in cases involving product defects, dog bites, elder abuse, and sexual assault. He earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of California and is admitted to practice in all California State Courts, and the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. If you have any questions about this article, you can contact Yosi by clicking here.

(source)