Defense Against Distracted Driving Scholarship
‘I am so honored to have been selected as this year’s winner! I am so grateful for this platform to express creatively the trauma that can be caused by distracted driving. I hope that this entry resonates with those who read it and could potentially save a life. Thank you J & Y Law!’
New Fall 2020 Scholarship – Starts February 1st!
J&Y Law Firm is excited to announce its annual scholarship available for the Fall 2020 semester. This scholarship is to support high school seniors and college students who are committed to servicing their community by pledging to abstain from distracted driving. At J&Y Law Firm, we strive to inform our clients and the California community at large of the dangers of distracted driving.
Distracted driving refers to any time your mind is not focused on the act of physically driving and can include things like texting and driving, changing the song on your Smartphone, programming your GPS while driving and even something as simple as taking a sip of your water bottle. According to distraction.gov as of 2014, approximately 3,179 people were killed and 431,000 were injured in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and truck accidents involving distracted driving.
Please choose from one of the essay questions and submit a 500 to 1000 word response.
- How have you actively abstained from distracted driving and how do you plan on continuing to do so while you are at college?
- Have you ever seen your friends participate in distracted driving? What did you do? What are some ways you can teach them the dangers of distracted driving?
Eligibility Criteria & Details:
- $1,000 award to the selected participant.
- Fill out the form below and submit the 500 to 1000 word response essay.
- The student must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. college.
- Open to all majors, 2 or 4-year college degrees with a minimum of 3.0 GPA (or B average in high school).
- Recipient must be 18 years of age by the beginning of fall semester and a resident of California or attending a school in California.
- One application per student-submitted online by the specified deadline of Friday, May 29th 2020.
- Enrollment Verification form will be required from the winner’s college.
- Applicant will receive notification by email within 30 days of application deadline.
- Our highly trained lawyers will look for writing that is clear, articulate and logically organized as well as grammatically correct.
The winner will be notified by email. If a winner does not respond to [J&Y Law] within 30 days of being notified by [J&Y Law], then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and [J&Y Law] shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 30 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and [J&Y Law] shall be entitled to select another winner.
About J&Y Law Firm
The personal injury attorneys at J&Y Law Firm dedicate their lives to helping victims of accidents during their recovery. We help our clients find proper medical treatment so they can have a speedy and healthy recovery, while we fight on their behalf to get compensation for their pain and suffering.