DoorDash provides food delivery services throughout California. With so many delivery drivers on the road, the risk of accidents increases. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a DoorDash accident, J&Y Law can help.
We understand the complexities of DoorDash accidents and know how to handle insurance companies. Let us prosecute your claim and get you the compensation you deserve. Contact our office today to get started with an experience DoorDash accident attorney.
Causes of DoorDash Accidents
Like other car accidents, common causes of DoorDash accidents include:
- Distracted Driving – DoorDash drivers use GPS to locate pickup locations and delivery destinations and smartphones to connect with customers, increasing the risk of distracted driving.
- Speeding – DoorDash incentivizes drivers to make as many deliveries as possible to earn more income, causing them to speed to make timely deliveries.
- Traffic violations – Delivery drivers may run red lights and stop signs when making food deliveries
- Reckless driving – Food delivery drivers who drive too fast through parking lots or drive-thru lanes can cause pedestrian accidents
- Drunk or drugged driving – Some delivery drivers may operate their vehicles under the influence of alcohol or drugs, putting other drivers and pedestrians at risk.
Regardless of the cause, delivery accidents are more complicated than other car accidents because different auto insurance rules are in play. At J&Y Law, we know how to sort through all the details and determine whether DoorDash, the delivery driver or both are liable.
Who Is Liable in a DoorDash Accident?
Determining liability in a DoorDash accident is complicated. If the delivery driver is at fault, DoorDash may not be automatically liable. Delivery drivers must carry their auto insurance and inform the insurance carrier that the coverage is for commercial use; otherwise, the insurance company will not pay.
DoorDash only covers damages caused by their drivers when they are picking up or delivering food. If the delivery driver does not have food, DoorDash only provides coverage after the delivery driver’s liability coverage is exhausted.
Since DoorDash insurance coverage is not issued by the company, obtaining compensation is complex, which makes having a skilled personal injury lawyer essential. Finally, another motorist may be at-fault, in which case your claim will be against that driver.
Ultimately, a DoorDash accident may involve the company, the delivery driver, another motorist, and their respective insurance carriers. Given these complexities, having informed representation can mean the difference between getting just compensation and being left with significant losses.
Common DoorDash Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents, including DoorDash accidents, can result in all types of injuries, ranging from mild to moderate to severe. Such injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Tendon and ligament damage
- Head and neck injuries (e.g. whiplash)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of limb (e.g, amputation)
- Wrongful death
After being seriously injured in an accident involving a delivery driver, you will likely face mounting medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and a long road to recovery. By working with the experienced attorneys at J&Y Law you can obtain the compensation that covers all your present and future medical and financial needs.
Why Choose Us?
Once you become our client, we will work to hold the responsible parties accountable and fight for the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys will:
- Investigate the accident site
- Obtain and review police and first-responder reports
- Identify and interview witnesses, including the delivery driver
- Recover surveillance video
- Subpeona the delivery driver’s GPS and smartphone data
- Obtain DoorDash’s driver and safety records
- Handle all communications with Door Dash, insurers, and opposing counsel
- Negotiate or litigate your injury claim
We prefer to reach out-of-court settlements but will take your case to court if necessary. Trust us to choose the best approach and achieve the best possible outcome.
Recoverable Damages in a Door Dash Accident
Our experienced DoorDash accident lawyer will fight for your right to the maximum compensation possible, such as:
- Medical expenses including the cost of doctor’s visits, prescription medication, hospital bills, surgery, physical therapy, and rehabilitative care
- Lost wages resulting from time spent away from work due to your DoorDash accident injuries
- Pain and suffering when you suffer injuries from a DoorDash delivery accident, pain is not only physical – emotional stress, anxiety, and depression can cause extreme hardship
You may also recover additional damages for permanent disability, emotional distress, and punitive damages if the defendant’s conduct was egregious or illegal. Rest assured, we will fight to help you recover damages for all your losses. We have an impressive track record of success, having recovered millions of dollars for injury victims.
Contact a California Door Dash Accident Lawyer Today
The best thing to do after a DoorDash accident is to talk to the attorneys at J&Y Law. We understand the complex insurance rules involved in these accidents and know our way around the bargaining table and the courtroom. Trust us to get you just compensation through negotiation or litigation. Contact us today for a free consultation.