When the brakes on a commercial truck or tractor-trailer fail, the outcome can be devastating. Truck brake failure can cause the truck driver to lose control, resulting in a serious collision and catastrophic injuries to occupants of smaller vehicles. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident caused by brake failure, turn to J&Y Law.
Our personal injury practice is dedicated to protecting truck accident victims throughout California. We know how to hold negligent trucking companies and truckers accountable for failing to properly maintain truck brake systems. We also handle product liability claims against truck and truck part manufacturers in cases of accidents and injuries caused by defective truck brakes.
When you become our client, your case will be handled by an experienced truck accident attorney who will fight for the compensation you deserve. Being injured in a truck accident is overwhelming. Don’t go it alone. Contact J&Y Law now for a free consultation.
Causes of Truck Brake Failure Accidents in California
Truck brake failure accidents can occur under a number of circumstances; any of the following parties could potentially be responsible:
- The truck driver — Truck drivers who speed or drive too fast for existing weather conditions (e.g rain, wind, snow) could cause the truck’s brakes to fail, resulting in a collision with another vehicle.
- The trucking company — Trucking companies are responsible for properly vetting and training drivers. By failing to do so, these companies can be held vicariously liable for accidents and injuries that occur. Moreover, trucking companies are required to ensure braking systems and other mechanical parts are properly maintained. When they fail to ensure proper maintenance, they can be held responsible for truck brake failure accidents.
- Brake manufacturers — Truck brake manufacturing companies are responsible for ensuring that their products are safe and do not have serious defects. If the braking system is defective, then the truck parts manufacturer may be held liable for any accidents or injuries resulting from a truck brake failure.
Regardless of who is responsible for the truck brake failure accident that caused your injuries, trust the team at J&Y Law to provide you with powerful representation, explore your legal options, and fight to win your truck accident claim.
Why Choose J&Y for Your Truck Brake Failure Accident Claim
Let our truck accident attorneys handle all the details of your claim so you can focus on your recovery. Our legal team will:
- Conduct an extensive investigation
- Collaborate with accident reconstruction specialists to examine the accident scene
- Collect evidence and interview witnesses, including the truck driver
- Ensure you receive proper medical care during your recovery
- Handle all communications with the trucking company, insurance carrier, and opposing counsel
- Negotiate a favorable settlement
- File a truck accident lawsuit if necessary
While truck brake failure accident claims can often be resolved through complex negotiations, our trial lawyers are well-prepared to provide you with aggressive courtroom representation. Above all, we will work to help you obtain the maximum compensation you deserve, whether at trial or at the bargaining table.
No two truck accident claims are the same, but if you have suffered serious or permanent injuries, the attorneys at J&Y can help you recover damages such as:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Permanent disability
- Cost of rehabilitative care/assistive devices (e.g. wheelchair, braces, crutches)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Attorneys’ fees and legal costs
At J&Y, we have a well-deserved reputation as dedicated advocates of injury victims who will fight hard for every dollar you deserve. We have a proven history of achieving significant settlements and jury awards, having recovered millions of dollars for truck accident victims and their families.
California Truck Brake Failure Accidents and Wrongful Death
If a loved one has been killed in a truck accident caused by brake failure, we can pursue a wrongful death lawsuit to recover damages on behalf of his or her estate and surviving family members. Such damages may include: final medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, and the comfort and support the loved one would have provided. Money cannot bring your loved one back, but your family deserves just compensation for such a devastating loss.
Contact Our Experienced California Truck Brake Failure Accident Attorneys
Truck accidents can be devastating and deadly. If you were injured in a truck accident that resulted from a truck or trailer’s brake failure, you need the powerful representation J&Y Law provides. Because we understand your physical, emotional, and financial burdens, your initial consultation will be free and there is never a fee until we recover compensation for you. Contact us today so we can start working on your truck accident claim.