Ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft provide a convenient way for Californians to get around. With a tap of your smartphone app, you can quickly hail a ride to your destination. Despite this convenience, ridesharing accidents can happen, causing serious injuries to passengers and other motorists.
If you or someone you love has suffered injuries in a ridesharing accident, turn to J&Y Law. We provide aggressive representation to injury victims in Los Angeles and around California and work to get our clients the compensation they deserve. Contact us today to get started with an experienced ridesharing accident attorney.
When Ridesharing Accidents in California Result in Injuries
Ridesharing accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, from minor to severe, including:
- Whiplash is a common injury that occurs when the head and neck are forcefully jerked back and forth in a collision. Symptoms of whiplash may not appear immediately and can include neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and difficulty moving the neck.
- Back injuries can result from the force of impact during a collision. These injuries can range from minor strains and sprains to more serious injuries like herniated discs, which can cause chronic pain and limited mobility.
- Head injuries during a ridesharing accident can range from minor concussions to more severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Symptoms include dizziness, headaches, confusion, and loss of consciousness.
- Broken bones can occur after the force of impact during a ridesharing accident. These injuries can be painful and may require surgery or other medical treatment.
- Soft tissue injuries involve damage to the body’s soft tissues (e.g. muscles, tendons, and ligaments) and can cause pain, swelling, and limited mobility.
Seeking immediate medical attention is crucial, even if you don’t feel you’ve been seriously injured. Some injuries may not surface until hours, days, or weeks later; getting prompt medical attention can help ensure that any injuries are diagnosed and treated before they get worse.
Then call J&Y Law. Our experienced California ridesharing accident attorney can help you understand your legal options for pursuing compensation. We have a track record of success in negotiations and litigation and will fight for every dollar you deserve.
Common Causes of Ridesharing Accidents in California
Ridesharing accidents are most often the result of driver errors, such as:
- Distracted driving is a leading cause of all types of motor vehicle accidents, including those involving ridesharing vehicles. However, Uber and Lyft drivers are more prone to being distracted by using smartphones and GPS navigation.
- Speeding is a common cause of ridesharing accidents because drivers retrieve and transport passengers as quickly as possible to get to their next customers.
- Fatigued driving is a risk for ridesharing drivers who often work long hours and night shifts while holding down day jobs.
- Inexperienced drivers are more prone to accidents, and ridesharing drivers often have less experience on the road than professional taxi drivers.
- Poor vehicle maintenance occurs when a ridesharing driver fails to properly maintain and inspect their vehicle.
Regardless of the cause, rideshare drivers and their employers must be held accountable for accidents resulting in injuries. That’s where J&Y Law comes in. We understand the complicated insurance rules governing ridesharing accidents in California and will handle your claim with diligence and care.
Recoverable Damages After a Ridesharing Accident
With the help of an experienced personal injury attorney, ridesharing accident victims can recover various types of damages, such as:
- Medical expenses – Injured parties may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, including hospitalization, surgery, medication, and physical therapy costs.
- Lost wages – A victim of a ridesharing accident who cannot work due to their injuries may be entitled to compensation for present and future lost wages.
- Pain and suffering – Victims of ridesharing accidents may be entitled to compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering they experienced as a result of the accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life – Victims of ridesharing accidents may be entitled to compensation for the loss of enjoyment of life caused by their injuries, such as the inability to engage in activities they once enjoyed.
If a loved one dies due to their injuries, surviving family members may be entitled to compensation for their wrongful death, including funeral expenses, lost income, and other damages. Regardless of the circumstances, working with an experienced personal injury attorney is the best way to protect your rights and interests.
Talk To An Experienced California Ridesharing Accident Attorney Today
If you have suffered injuries after a ridesharing accident, you need the powerful representation our firm provides. We know how to go up against big tech companies like Uber and Lyft and their insurers and will fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a confidential, no-cost consultation.