If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an accident involving a Penske rental truck in California, turn to J&Y Law. We have extensive experience litigating moving truck accident claims and a proven track record of achieving positive outcomes for our clients.
Penske trucks are a common sight on California roads and highways; however, determining liability in an accident is challenging. The best way to protect your right and obtain just compensation is to work with an experienced Penske truck accident attorney. Contact our office today so we can start working on your claim.
How Does Penske Operate?
Penske is a global trucking and transportation company with 3 subsidiaries – Penske Truck Rental, Penske Truck Leasing, and Penske Logistics:
- Penske Truck Rental provides moving trucks for short-term rentals by do-it-yourself or professional movers
- Penske Truck Leasing employs over 11,000 professional movers and offers full-service truck leasing to commercial clients who outsource their transportation operations
- Penske Logistics offers supply chain management services and a fleet of drivers and trucks to business customers for exclusive use on a contract basis
Determining the driver’s status is crucial after a Penske truck accident. Was the driver a DIY mover? Was the driver working for a commercial client? Was the driver a Penske employee?
If the Penske truck was a short-term rental, the driver is not an employee and your claim will be against that party and their insurance carrier; Penske may not bear any liability in this situation. If the driver was a Penske employee operating under a lease or contract with a customer, Penske tract may be liable for accidents resulting in injuries to other vehicle occupants and pedestrians.
The moving truck accident attorneys at J&Y will work to identify the responsible party, hold them accountable, and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. When you contact us for a free consultation, we will explore all your options for recovering damages.
Causes of Penske Truck Accidents in California
A collision between a Penske moving truck and a passenger car can result in catastrophic injuries. While weather and road conditions can contribute to moving truck accidents, the majority are caused by:
- Inexperienced drivers – People who rent Penske trucks on a short-term basis must have a valid driver’s license, not a CDL. Although licensed to drive, they often have little or no experience operating and maneuvering a moving truck.
- Distracted driving – Moving truck drivers, whether renters or Penkse employees, often use GPS navigation to locate and travel to their destination and become distracted
- Driver fatigue – Professional movers often drive long distances and pack and unload trucks, leading to fatigued driving
- Improper maintenance – Penske must maintain and routinely inspect all the vehicles in the company’s fleet and may be liable for moving truck accidents caused by improper maintenance
Regardless of the cause, you can trust J&Y Law to handle your claim with diligence and care and fight to win you just compensation.
Who Is Liable in a Penske Truck Accident?
Federal and state laws limit the liability of truck rental companies in accidents involving rented moving trucks. This means Penske cannot be held liable for accidents caused by negligent truck renters unless the company rented to an unlicensed driver or one who did not have auto insurance.
You can only bring a claim against Penske if the cause of the accident was (1) an error by one of its professional drivers or (2) improper maintenance. Finally, Penske offers additional liability insurance to moving truck renters, which means your claim may be against the insurance carrier that provided the coverage.
Depending on the circumstances, your claim may also involve a third party, such as:
- Another motorist who caused or contributed to the moving truck accident
- A part manufacturer that provided defective truck parts that caused the Penske truck accident
- The government agency that failed to maintain the road or highway in cases involving accidents caused by road defects or debris
Our experienced moving truck attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation, determine which parties are liable, and fight to protect your rights.
Why Choose J&Y Law?
Being injured in a Penske truck accident is overwhelming. You are likely dealing with considerable pain and mounting medical bills. Our experienced attorneys will fight to help you obtain meaningful compensation, including damages such as:
- Medical expenses and rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability
- Permanent scarring or another disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
If you have lost a close family member in a Penske truck accident, our wrongful death attorneys can help you recover damages for final medical expenses and the loss of support and guidance your loved one would have provided. We will be by your side and fight to help you find justice.
Contact Our Experienced California Penske Truck Accident Attorneys
At J&Y Law, we have a well-earned reputation as aggressive personal injury attorneys who provide our clients with powerful legal representation. We handle all injury claims on a contingency basis, meaning you pay nothing to us until we recover for you. Contact us today for a free consultation.
J&Y Law represents Penske truck accident victims throughout Northern and Southern California.