Construction sites are inherently dangerous, with numerous potential hazards like fires and explosions. If you or a loved one has suffered severe injuries in a construction fire or explosion, you need an experienced construction accident attorney to protect your rights. That’s where J&Y Law steps in.
Our firm is committed to protecting the rights of construction workers injured in fires and explosions. When you become our client, we will handle your claim with a sense of urgency and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. Contact our office today to get started with an experienced California construction accident attorney.
Causes of Fires and Explosions at Construction Sites
There are several potential causes of fires and explosions at construction sites in California, including:
- Electrical issues – Electrical systems can spark fires if installed improperly. Construction workers may also accidentally cause damage to wires, which can result in electrical fires.
- Chemicals – Construction sites often have flammable chemicals such as gasoline, paint thinners, and propane tanks that can explode if not stored or handled correctly.
- Welding and cutting: Welding and cutting create sparks that can ignite nearby flammable materials.
- Combustible dust – Dust generated from construction activities can accumulate and become combustible, resulting in an explosion.
Regardless of the cause, we will work to identify the responsible party and hold them accountable. At J&Y Law, we have an impressive track record of success, having recovered millions of dollars for injury victims through settlements and lawsuits.
Injuries Caused by Construction Fires and Explosions
Construction fires and explosions can cause severe injuries to workers and bystanders, such as:
- Head trauma
- Wrongful death
Burn injuries are the most common injury associated with construction fires and can result in permanent scarring, nerve damage, and disfigurement. Explosions can also cause traumatic brain injuries, which can have long-lasting effects on cognitive abilities and physical functioning.
Although injured construction workers are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, fires and explosions typically result from negligence. We will determine whether the fire or explosion resulted from safety violations or third-party negligence and explore all of your legal options for recovering damages.
Who Is Responsible for Construction Fire or Explosion in California?
Determining liability for a construction fire or explosion can be complex, as multiple parties may be involved. Depending on the specific circumstances, liability could potentially lie with the construction company, the property owner, contractors, or manufacturers of equipment and materials:
- Construction companies have a legal responsibility to provide a safe working environment for their employees. Companies that fail to take appropriate safety precautions, such as training workers or providing fire extinguishers or other safety equipment (flame-resistant gear), may be liable for any resulting injuries.
- Property owners may also be liable if they fail to maintain the property or provide appropriate fire safety measures.
- Contractors responsible for specific aspects of the construction process, such as electrical or gas line work, may also be held liable if their work causes a fire or explosion.
- Manufacturers of equipment or materials may be liable if their products are defective and contribute to the incident.
You can depend on our construction accident attorney to identify the responsible party or parties, hold them accountable, and protect your rights.
Can I file a lawsuit?
You may be able to file a lawsuit to recover damages after a construction fire or explosion. To have a successful claim, you must prove that the defendant was negligent or otherwise at fault for the accident. Suppose they failed to follow proper safety protocols or knew about a dangerous condition on the construction site but failed to take appropriate action. You may be entitled to damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
How J&Y Law Can Help
At J&Y Law, we understand the devastating impact that construction accidents can have on victims and their families. We are committed to helping you obtain compensation for all your medical and financial needs, now and in the future. With our legal team on your side, you can focus on your recovery while we handle the legal details. You can depend on us to:
- Investigate the construction site
- Identify and interview witnesses
- Obtain and review police reports
- Consult with experts to determine the cause of the fire or explosion
- Review the defendant’s history of safety violations
- Negotiate a fair and just settlement with opposing attorneys
Above all, we will leverage our skills and experience to win you just compensation in or out of the courtroom.
Talk To An Experienced Construction Fire and Explosion Injury Attorney Today
Being injured in a construction fire or explosion is devastating. Don’t go it alone. Turn to J&Y Law for the powerful representation we provide. Contact us today so we can start working on your claim.