When Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
- Mar 17 2020
Do I need a car accident lawyer? This question is one of the most common questions people ask themselves after being involved in a car accident. It can be difficult to know whether you need to hire a car accident lawyer to handle your accident claim or whether you can represent yourself. Some claims can be settled effectively without an attorney.
However, what started as a simple injury claim can quickly turn into a complex, contested personal injury case. For that reason, it is usually best to consult experienced California car accident attorneys whenever you are injured in a car crash.
Ten Reasons to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
If you are unsure whether you need a lawyer for your injury claim, answer these questions:
- Are your car accident injuries severe or life-threatening?
- Did you sustain an impairment or permanent disability?
- Do you have substantial medical debts, loss of income, and other financial expenses related to the accident, your injuries, and your recovery?
- Is fault for the car crash in dispute?
- Are you being accused of contributing to the cause of the car accident?
- Does the other party have insufficient car insurance to cover your claim?
- Is your health insurance company demanding repayment for medical bills paid related to the car accident (subrogation claim)?
- Is the insurance company denying your injury claim?
- Has the insurance company been delaying the settlement of your injury claim?
- Are you unsure what your car accident claim is worth?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, you need to hire a car accident attorney to help you with your injury claim. An attorney can be of great assistance when you are seeking the compensation you deserve for a car accident claim.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me After a Car Accident?
A lawyer investigates the car crash to determine how the accident occurred and who is liable for your damages. The attorney gathers evidence proving fault and liability. In some cases, a law firm may employ investigators, accident reconstructionists, and other experts to assist with the investigation. The average person does not have the resources and skills to investigate a disputed car crash.
Your lawyer analyzes your legal options, explains your legal rights, and guides you through the process of filing and settlement a personal injury claim. Also, the legal team works with you to document your injuries, damages, and losses to maximize the amount of money you may receive for your injury claim. An attorney understands how to calculate the value of a car accident claim based on the evidence, facts, and circumstances of your case.
Last, but certainly not least, car accident lawyers provide support and guidance that helps you get through a difficult experience.
Contact Our California Car Accident Attorneys for More Information
If a car crash caused your injuries, call our California car accident attorneys for a free case review. We are here to help you when you need a legal team on your side to protect your best interests after a car crash.
Posted in: Car Accident