Concord fire damages reptile business, donut shop

profile photo
By Yosi Yahoudai
Founder and Managing Partner

CONCORD, Calif. – A fire in Concord early Tuesday damaged several businesses, including a donut shop and a reptile store.

Video shows smoke coming out of Hoffmann’s Reptiles, a donut shop and a hair salon on Concord Boulevard at 3 a.m.

The owner of the pet shop told KTVU that, luckily, no animals were hurt in the fire.

“It turns out that our storage shed caught on fire,” Nathaneal Lemons said. “None of the animals in the store were hurt. There’s a little property damage, but everything is fine. Some cages were lost.”

Fire crews were able to get it completely under control and left the scene just a few hours later.
 

author photo
About the Author
Yosi Yahoudai is a founder and the managing partner of J&Y. His practice is comprised primarily of cases involving automobile and motorcycle accidents, but he also represents people in premises liability lawsuits, including suits alleging dangerous conditions of public property, third-party criminal conduct, and intentional torts. He also has expertise in cases involving product defects, dog bites, elder abuse, and sexual assault. He earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of California and is admitted to practice in all California State Courts, and the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. If you have any questions about this article, you can contact Yosi by clicking here.